|You'll recognize the mask DH is wearing as the one A painted. A's costume is made of wool felt from a pattern I drafted. Dana's "ghost" costume is just material tucked into her collar.|
|Here, A shows off his spider legs. The black widow marking was my husband's idea and handiwork. It is automotive reflective tape- decorative and a nice safety feature for an all black costume. It consists of a pair of pants, and oversized long-sleeved shirt with a casing/elastic at the bottom and a separate hood (though, I did tack it down after he had it on. No sticking him with the needle, believe it or not.) The legs are stuffed with poly-fill and tied off for the segments. the ends are all connected with quilters' thread.|
My ghost costume was inspired by this one. (I opted out of the fishnets and heels.) It's the one I ironed the material, drafted the pattern for, cut and sewed in about 3 or so hours (lots of anti-perfectionist methods in play). Now, deciding on a design... well, that took quite a bit longer. There are no finished seams or hems, but there was a lot of snipping and ripping. If you'd like to know more, please contact me.
|Out collecting Treats. You can see the Trick-or-Treat bag a little better here. The outside and lining are both quilter's cotton for cuteness and strength. |
Hope your Halloween was awesome!!!!!
Unrelated, I found a site that lists sheet music images from the Library of Congress. It is massive and though I'm not sure I'll ever get through it all, I'll have fun looking!
Also, check out www.VinegarandGlitter.com for the Altered Book Workshop flyer. Today is the last day to register!!