The base for this piece is an egg shaped playing card. Found a tin of them at the thrift store- score!! Painted with gesso, then sprayed with "Sea Oats" Starburst mica spray. The text is from an antique spelling primer, the bird and branch were cut out with my Cricut cutting system and then sponged with ink. The bottom border is wax paper sprayed with multiple mica sprays.I got this image of Mata Hari from Art-e-zine. I cut the ATC background from card stock I sprayed with multiple mica sprays. Then I used a large background stamp, added the image and embellished with Distress Stickles (Ranger).
The photo for this work-in-progress came from Somerset Studio's "art to borrow". I cut the party hats from patterned paper and added fibers for the trim and pom pom. I drew in the wand and added color with colored pencils. I will be using this as a birthday card base. :)