Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holiday Spirit






This Christmas, Yule, whatever we call our winter celebration was one of the best we've had in years ... many years! Maybe the best ever because having your own child makes all the difference in the world at this time of year. Angelo's first few Christmases were punctuated by sadness for me due to circumstances beyond my control from several different angles, but this year in our new home, it was very special. DH and I decided that since we bought each other a house, we would just buy/make for Angelo and Dana. I was so relieved with this decision, not just from a monetary standpoint, but having just moved ALL our stuff (which always seems to be a LOT, if not too much despite all the trips to Good Will and very reduced buying), I just couldn't face trying to find a place for anything else. We just don't need it.

I was pleased with what we got Angelo- all books, puzzles, art supplies, some pirate dress up accessories and one hand made wool felt robot puppet I actually managed to squeeze in with all the craziness. Oh, and a few trains he asked for- the only things he asked for*- because I truly understand obsessions. ;) Since he makes up stories to go with the trains, I consider them all good tools for a creative mind. :) *He excitedly described what Christmas day would be like and included party mix and trail mix, so we had party mix Xmas eve while watching the Grinch and trail mix for breakfast Xmas morning. I put together both from the bulk and natural sections of our new grocery store.

Dana got her super cute and sweet doggie travel bag I made for our super cute and sweet girl and a new bandana. I don't put her in costumes, but she doesn't seem to mind the bandanas, so I do accessorize the pup. :) I will take a picture of the bag and post it at another time.

These pictures are from our awesome back yard snow ball fight/sledding/romping play time and what Angelo wore outside later because his coat was wet and we didn't know where any other coats were for him (it worked out well for my amusement, I think.:)



Stately doggie in the softly falling Xmas snow.
You can still see him smiling through all the layers. :)
Kicking a snow covered ball.
A new train gets to play in the snow.
Really happy pup!!! :)


He had a very warm-y vest of mine underneath and it worked out nicely that the pirate gear was made of wool. My cinched up trench coat fit the bill nicely too. :)

Hope your holiday celebrations were full of warmth and happiness!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment