Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Drawing Lab Exercise 1

Drawing Cats in Bed

So, a few homeschooling Moms and I are working through the book Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists by Carla Sonheim.   Laura Gyre came up with the idea and I was keen to join.  The first "assignment" is to draw cats in bed (or on a pillow) to encourage loose, expressive lines and then the "do something further with it".  So, here are my kitties.  :)
I think the one in the bottom left corner is hilarious and looks a bit like a flying squirrel, or Roo from the Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh.  Same thing really. ;)  I didn't intend for it to look hilarious, in case you were wondering.  ;)



I liked this one enough to color it in with pencil.  He's a bit crazed and about to take a nap.  I can relate. ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment