Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Vintage Halloween Goodness

Halloween, my favorite holiday hands down, is only 84 days away!!

House of Hawthornes: I Love Vintage Halloween: Since this post contains so many photos from the Country Living Magazine that sent me into vintage Halloween overdrive, I thought it would be great to link it here.  When I saw that article, I cannot even describe the excitement I felt!  Since Angelo has been old enough to express that he doesn't like super creepy Halloween stuff, my decor is leaning way more in this direction, which is just fine by me.  It's a great excuse to make more stuff!

A book that I absolutely love, and have mentioned here before, is Bethany Lowe's Folk Art Halloween.  It is only about $7 on Amazon right now- I just can't believe that!


This witch on the front is just spectacular and it's been on my list of projects for years.  Last year, I actually had (most of) the pattern templates enlarged and got the styrofoam ball for the head.  Hopefully my paper clay is still good and I can actually get it made this year.  Angelo has asked to be Winnie the Pooh this year, and I already bought a pattern off of Ebay, so that means only one costume to sew.  We were Tigger, Kanga and Roo when Angelo was 2.  So less sewing means I'm more likely to actually finish this.  *fingers crossed*

As part of my Birthday present to myself, I'm planning a trip to the Ghoultide Gathering this year- finally!!!  Previously, something else had already been planned or the drive was too far from Morgantown.  Hopefully, I have a driving companion, but if not I may just go solo or even take the family with me...  

This Halloween inspiration is really keeping me going.  No Pennsic for us this year, which is really disappointing and "just as well" considering I have the Art Journaling workshop coming up.  

You'll get the full low-down on the no Pennsic situation later.  Until then, enjoy the rest of your week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment