Monday, July 19, 2010

Cleo- La Belle Epoque

This is an Artist Trading Card I made using an image of Cleo, a French ballerina famous for her beauty. (I got this image from Art Chix's La Belle Epoque collage sheet.) I looked up some info on Cleo (linked above) and was surprised to find out she was connected with the Impressionists movement. Not surprised that they would ask her to model so often, but because I'm currently listening to an audio book called "Luncheon of the Boating Party" (the famous Renot painting- he was an Impressionist painter.) Hmm... very interesting what we run into at the same time...

The background for this ATC is a phone book page. I sponged on a few different colors of pigment ink with a cosmetic sponge, used a cardboard ginger ale carton as a circle stencil with more pigment ink, glued it to an Art Chix pre-cut water color paper ATC form and tore around the edges to have the background fit to size. No cutting! :)

I glued the image down and added mica sprayed cheese cloth, silver ribbon, rhinestones, a rhinestone brad and a star punched from a tea bag package. After I ran an ink pad around the edges, I was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment