Saturday, July 17, 2010

Father's Day Gifts

This one was for my Dad. The man in the picture is my Paw Paw Ray. I don't know how old he was in this picture, but I'm so fascinated by pictures of my grandparents when they were young. I know they're out there. I've seen them. But this is the only one I own. So I'm really hoping that I get to have more in the future. Paw Paw Ray died when I was in the 10th grade and making this collage was a really wonderful way to spend time with him again. When I was thinking of what I remembered of him and what I would represent in this piece, the things that stood out the most were that he always wore a button up shirt (thus the buttons), when he got his brand new plaid hat, it was a huge deal (I knew I'd be able to use that plaid vellum for something when I got it, just didn't know what. That was a few years ago.), and that he was a large, sturdy man who didn't say much (Strong Silent Type). Oh, and the bottle cap was from a beer his grandson drank. LOL! :)
I love you and miss you Paw Paw! My Dad really enjoyed this collage and now has it sitting where he can see it most of the day. :)

This one was for my husband. The picture is just darling. I can't believe I actually was able to capture such a sweet moment. I took the picture right on my work surface, so the background is pretty messy and busy, but hopefully you can pick out the canvas from the wax paper. The paper at the top is machine stitched, the "love", heart and bottle cap background pieces were cut with my Cricut (love that!!!!) and the faux wax seal was from a friends' wedding invitation. Knew that would come in handy. :) The heart and you charms were a Michael's find I couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment