Friday, March 25, 2011

The Artful Attic

My husband took some photos of the "before before" pictures, but I still don't have them, so I thought I'd just go ahead and show my bad phone photos of some Creative Space progress. Eventually, this will be my dance/sewing/mixed media space. It is much needed. Art supplies taking over my kitchen is nice and all, but .... ok, it just isn't working any more. This is the attic in it's primed and half piled state. So, the photos don't reflect the actual current progress, but I'll get to that.
This part will hold my supplies and we'll be building a false wall opposite the shelves to hold dance mirrors.

This side will hold the sewing and mixed media work tables. It really will. I even have a corner of this stuff moved over to the other side so I can start priming... hopefully Monday...

So, quick update on that... and if you wonder how you can possibly fit in art making, yoga classes or anything else that is important to you, check out these tips Shona Cole has over at Crescendo. I actually have read "Sink Reflections" by the Fly Lady and it, along with "Make your Creative Dreams Real" by SARK, "Simplify Your Life" and "Learn to Manage Your Time" really made a difference in fitting in what was important to me. It is still something I re-adjust all the time, especially since I'm trying to take more belly dance and yoga classes, so the fundamental methods are really good go-to techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment