Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rajasthani Dance

I've been fortunate enough to take a couple or so Rajasthani Kalbelia dance workshops with Christine Andrews of the Zafira Dance Company over the years. Christine is a wonderful lady and this really comes through when she teaches. I've found myself drawn to this dance form so much that I actually modeled my wedding dress (10 years ago) and my bridesmaids' dresses after the clothing in this clip below. I had to miss the first couple classes in the series, but tonight and last Monday were fantastic- I'm so so glad Christine is teaching this series again and am so happy I am actually living in Pittsburgh now and can take the weekly classes. This week we did spins and I had such fun in my huge bandhini skirt. I'll explain a little more about my Indian obsession when I post about my attic. In the mean time, enjoy and be inspired by this clip from Latcho Drom:

No comments:

Post a Comment