Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Really Do Sew

But, first I have to share with you the largest mixed media painting I've done so far. It's 20" x 24", and I got to use lots of ephemera: book pages, a receipt, old military letters, vintage sewing patterns, and bottle caps. I also used acrylic paint, gel medium, gesso, water soluble oil pastels, dimensional paint, and floral collage images. I have to give Angelo credit for helping me with the design. I was only going to do about 3 large "flowers", but he started putting the bottle caps inside the white circles and I really liked it. Eric says it is the first of many collaborative efforts. :)










I may have to put some of these pieces that are on canvas in my Etsy shop, which is sadly empty and neglected right now. My non-canvas pieces I have plans for before they go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment