Monday, February 21, 2011

Sewing Project Revealed






This is a wheel chair bag I made for my Dad. I thought the red stitching made it look like a feed sack, which is fun since my parents live on a farm. I used this from Sewing.org as a guide.

He is currently in the hospital due to Bullous Pemphigoid. I won't add a link lest you be tempted to look at the pictures. :( It is an autoimmune condition characterized by severe itching, blisters and nerve irritation. He is being treated with strong steroids, antibiotics and pain killers to address the condition. Finally, he is showing some improvement and once he is released from the hospital, he will go to a medical rehab hospital. He'll be able to use the bag there as he goes from his room to different therapies and hopefully the cafeteria. It went out in the mail today! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment