Thursday, June 16, 2011

This Bird Has a Song

copyright Narah Kimberly A. Minardi 2011 All rights reserved.

This little canvas was originally for an Art Chix challenge, but I chose to enter other pieces instead. Then, it was going to be a present for my Mom, but she already has so many things I've given her to hang or sit around, I went with something practical for her- altered clothespins. Then, it persuaded me to stay here and now it lives on our shelf in the kitchen. :)

Acrylic paint, gold pigment ink, laser printed transparancy, collage image by Alpha Stamps, copper ribbon, re-used bottle cap, circle inchie by Digital Collage Sheets, Distress ink, computer generated text outlined in long vine charcoal and antique lace make up this piece's materials.

Somewhere, I read that birds symbolize the soul; nests, the home and security; and eggs fertility and nurturance. My husband wondered "what's with all the birds"? When he saw the many birds showing up in a particular series of my work. At first, all I could think was, "it's just calling to me." Then, I remembered that thing I read. Feels right. :)

What is your song? What is calling you? I would love to hear from you- comment below or drop me a line on Face Book.




2 comments:

  1. This summer is calling me. Probably the last summer with my beautiful mom, a new niece on the way (any second!), a new house so my fiance and I can finally be together. Long and late nights. Naps in a hammock. Pulling apart the garden so we can have a vegetable garden next year. Listening to the waterfall from our bedroom. Feeding the ducks ever night before bed. And just being in awe and truly grateful for every second of it. ahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, that's beautiful, Birdie! I'm glad you are embracing the beauty and people around you. Thank you so much for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete