Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Quilt Block for My Nephew



This is the quilt block I embroidered for my nephew Harlan's friendship quilt.  My siblings and Mom and I made one for Angelo too- I'll have to get a really good picture of it so you can see it too.  OK, so we did our individual blocks and my Mom actually _made_ the quilt. :)

As you can see, the quilt will be a Jungle Book theme.  I liked that I got a dancing picture.  (A dancing bear?  Didn't I just talk about a circus theme running through my life?) :)  Initially, I was going to do some fabric paint and some embroidery like I did for Angelo's quilt block.  But, I got nervous, thinking that if I made a mistake that I'd have to find this picture that my brother-in-law transferred/traced and get it onto a new piece of muslin.  I stressed this way over Angelo's block also, but somehow I felt that if I re-transferred what I'd already done, it wasn't as big of a deal.  Anyway, I ended up embroidering the whole thing since it was more forgiving with mistakes.  Lots of chain stitching, some split stitching and a little running stitching went into this project.  All for a very sweet and cute little boy whom I hope to get down to see again soon!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment