Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Belly Dance-y Collages

These collages are from an altered address book I made.  The paisley cover (and the $0.75 thrift store price) made me pick it up right away.  Also right away, I knew what I would do with it.  It is a 3 ring binder, so it made removing the address pages and the dividers to collage on easy.

I started some of the collages in the book years ago and then abandoned them, not knowing where else to go.  Some I started in March for my altered book workshop and most I started/finished in the last week or so.  I think all the Pennsic posts had me inspired.  :)  I still have some work to do before it is "complete", but the bulk of it is complete for now.

Here are a couple of the collages from my Belly Dance "and related" altered book.

The stamp of Fahima, 1910, is from Stampfransico.

This dancer stamp, I got when I first started using rubber stamps (and the image I stamped back then too.  The initial paper layering was done then too.)  I don't remember the manufacturer of the stamp, but I got it at Artemis Imports.

No comments:

Post a Comment