Friday, April 10, 2009

Baby Collage card


oh dear, I feel like Indiana Jones being chased by that big rolling rock again.   Am catching up on sleep, laundry, email, event posts, group moderation and now blogging. So, I thought I'd post a project I did at the beginning of March for a friend's baby shower. This was for Rachel Benbow/Baraka, a friend I met in the Pittsburgh belly dance community who now lives in Greece. And her husband Cristos Demetrius. She moved from Pittsburgh to NY, NY and has been living out of the country for a few years now. I tell her her life sounds like a movie script and that her journal is rich! :) I love hearing of her adventures. This latest one, Motherhood, is sure to be the greatest yet!   

So, the green, linen textured card base is from an enormous scrap booking pack I got at Big Lots.  I inked the edges with copper ink. The base papers I believe are from K & Company. The first layer I simply cut a little smaller than the card. The second layer is torn and the edges inked with copper ink (mosaic collection ...  the petal inks you can get at Michael's. ). The stamp I got on Ebay and is from Stampington (Baby buttons collage). I stamped it on card stock and antiqued it with sepia ink (used a cosmetic sponge and ink pad), then cut it out along the border. The baby fairy post is from Art Chix (www.artchix.com) and antiqued with the little brown ink pad in Memory Makers distressing kit. I liked it better than the sad baby on the stamp.  the tag at the top is from JoAnn's.  I have a journaling stamp (the kind where you can rotate the letters to say what you want. fairly wide, very useful. got it at Michael's). the red fiber tied to the tag is from a big basket I got for christmas one year... Sam's sells these types of baskets, but I'm not positive that it came from there.  I used a glue specifically made for metal (got it at Michael's ... I've spent a lot of time there. :) ) to attach the three spiral paper clips, which I got at the local grocery store's office supply isle.  

It was very fun and therapeutic to make this. I hope to work on a "rag doll" organic cotton bunny tonight for Angelo's Easter basket. Many of the same pattern pieces I made for the pirate.  I've got to make something... I'm dying to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment