Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Today is my Baby's birthday!!!

Today is my Baby Boy's 2nd birthday!!! I've been awake for a while because I'm so excited! He already got into one present last night, saying "Yay, birthday!" I agree! Two years ago today this amazing little guy came into my life and I was positively drunk on baby love. 

It was a very long labor. I'd been contracting at least an hour or so and then my water broke about 7:00 am on March 16th. ... Some day I'll put the whole story up here, but for now we'll say he was born at 2:55 pm on March 17th. I believe he was waiting to be born on my Granny's birthday.  So he was born on his great - grandmother's birthday, a day before my sister Hillary's birthday, who was born on her great-grandmother's birthday (same side of the family).  (So my Granny was born a day before her mother's birthday.) Angelo's Kindermusik teacher, whom he also shares a birthday with, has a son who was born on his great - grandmother's birthday.  A friend of mine who was in the same pre-natal yoga class with me had her daughter two days before Angelo (when I came into the hospital, she was coming out of the bathing room with her daughter) and a very very good friend of mine, Terri, had a son two days after Angelo was born. Terri and I seemed to have a lot of parallel experiences: we are both Scorpios married to Aquarians and had Pisces sons born two days apart. We also kept having similar experiences throughout our pregnancies- I said it was because Angelo and Slayton kept talking about their plans and synchronizing. :) 

Another really amazing thing is that he was born on St. Patrick's Day and I was born on the Celtic New Year (Samhain, Nov. 1st). He is definitely a magical little (with Mommy's blue eyes) guy!  I think about all these "coincidences" and realize that there are no accidents. 

Well, busy day ahead; his Maw Maw and Paw Paw and Aunt Charity and Uncle Mike are coming over to celebrate and we have Kindermusik this morning. The rest of the week is super busy too, but I have a few posts I really want to get up: quick and easy panel skirt; the Pirate Doll I made Angelo; the kiddie Art Books; How Your Newborn communicates with you {what those cries mean} ... In addition to some other really exciting stuff this week, I have a performance this weekend!  Better run now...

No comments:

Post a Comment