Sunday, July 17, 2011

Healing Mudras


About 5 years ago, I found my copy of this book in a used book store.  I leafed through it quite a bit over  the years and was always impressed with the possibilities; healing yourself by reciting mantras and holding your hands in different positions.  Probably every time, I said to myself, "I've got to start using this".  Not sure why I waited...

Now that I've begun, I'm feeling really good about taking care of myself in this way.  Angelo even meditated and chanted with me today!  We repeated the mantra many times and he was very engaged, despite being tired (why we were meditating in the first place... no more nap time here since he's stopped staying in bed.)

It really is a well-laid-out book.  None of the hand positions are really complicated and not even all the mudras have a corresponding mantra, so if that part is intimidating, you can just start with the hand positions and deep breaths for a few minutes.  

3-6 minutes a day sounds like an attainable goal to me.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment